European Federation for Animal Health and Sanitary Security
The European Federation for Animal Health and Sanitary Security (FESASS) is the organisation representing breeders in the field of animal health. Founded in December 2001, it currently gathers organisations from nine EU Member States: Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, The Netherlands, Portugal and Spain.
FESASS pursues the following objectives:
- defending and strengthening the sanitary status of the EU livestock inventory and the quality of its products;
- working at the valorisation of live animals and their products towards the consumer and the world market;
- helping and, if necessary, coordinating its members’ efforts in achieving their own goals;
- being a place of information exchange and debate, thereby enabling the development of general orientation proposals in terms of policy, techniques and sanitary safety;
- harmonising the technical points of view of its adherents in order to work out common strategies.